Rustic weddings have a decidedly romantic feel to them, and with the right centerpieces, you can create a beautiful look for your special day. A fabulous wedding is all in the smallest details that brides usually overlook.
Those details may not be as important as your wedding dress or venue, but they can add a touch of uniqueness to your special day. Here are ten beautiful rustic centerpiece ideas to make your wedding stand out.
1. Mason JarsMason jars are one of the most popular options for rustic weddings. These simple jars can be filled with wildflowers for a spring or summer wedding, or they can be used as elegant candleholders for evening or winter weddings.
Adding a simple bow made from twine to the outside of each jar adds an extra bit of rustic charm. Place clusters of mason jars in different sizes at the center of each table for a beautiful look.
2. Iron LanternsLanterns made from black wrought iron give your wedding a vintage rustic look. These lanterns are tall enough to stand out in the center of each table without any embellishments. Place a single pillar candle in each lantern to add a touch of light and color to each table.
3. Vintage Watering CansOld metal watering cans filled with beautiful flowers are perfect for outdoor weddings. These can be purchased at thrift stores and antique shops, or you can purchase reproductions at craft stores. Decorate the watering cans with small ribbons tied around the handle for an extra splash of color.
4. Bird’s NestsBird’s nest centerpieces offer a sweet, nature-inspired look for your wedding tables. Fill them with loose flower petals, candies, or polished stones.
You can find these nests at your local craft store, and they can be easily decorated or dyed to fit your wedding theme. If you are good at crafting, you can make your own bird’s nests.
5. BirdhousesThis centerpiece idea can be used with the bird’s nests, or it can be used on its own. If you are ambitious, you can build your own birdhouses from kits, or you can buy them pre-assembled at hardware and craft stores.
Leave them unfinished or paint them to match the color theme for your wedding. Surround the birdhouses on each table with tea light candles for a romantic touch.
6. Wheat StacksFor a late summer wedding or a fall wedding, wheat stack centerpieces add the perfect seasonal touch to your rustic wedding. You can order them from a florist, or you can create your own using items found at the craft store.
Wheat stacks can stand on their own on your table, or they can be placed in a mason jar. Tie the wheat stacks together with colorful ribbons to tie your wedding theme together at each table.
7. Burlap Table RunnersInstead of using traditional colored tablecloths, use plain white tablecloths. Add a burlap table runner to each table for a rustic touch. Place teal light candles along the length of each table for a simple, beautiful look that takes just minutes to put together.
8. Antique BooksNot all rustic centerpieces have to revolve around nature. Antique books stacked neatly at the center of each table create a beautiful look that is both rustic and vintage.
Surround the stack with loose flowers for a colorful touch. Use small chalkboards at the top of each stack to number each table.
9. Wood SlabsWood slabs give the natural, unfinished look of wood to your tables. These slabs can be used to simply hold candles, or they can be used to elevate any of the other rustic centerpiece ideas listed here.
You can also carry this theme to other areas of your wedding reception. Buy a large wood slab to display your wedding cake to tie your theme together.
10. Coke Bottles and TraysPlace single flowers in old coke bottles and arrange them in vintage wood coke bottle trays. This idea works for larger tables that have plenty of room for a big centerpiece.
Elevate this centerpiece idea by stacking several wood bottle trays on top of each other, using the top piece to display the bottles. Drape ribbon and flowers from each later for a delightful look.
The key to creating a rustic wedding is to choose décor pieces that combine natural elements and vintage accessories to create a unique look for your special day. Use these ideas for centerpieces as inspiration for other ways to incorporate rustic décor into your wedding plans.